- Responsible for strategic implementation of WHS projects
- Outcome focused, positive, dynamic and influential person
- Organisation invested strategically in health and well being
Drive, implementation, delivery and continuous improvement of WHS management systems and services across ILSC’s properties and programs.
About the Company
The Indigenous Land and Sea Corporation (ILSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity established under the ATSI Act and subject to the PGPA Act. The ILSC assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to realise economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits that the ownership and management of land, water and water related rights can bring. The ILSC provides this assistance through the acquisition and management of rights and interests in land, salt water and fresh water country.
Working within the People and Culture team and reporting to the Group WHS Manager, this role is responsible to assist with the development, implementation, assessment and review of the WHS Management System, with a focus on Contractor Management and Incident Management.
- Actively participate and contribute to team-based projects to ensure the timely provision of WHS services to stakeholders in line with the ILSC Group’s organisational goals and objectives.
- Provide WHS advisory service to managers, supervisors and workers in relation to the organisation’s WHS Management System and procedures.
- Provide operational support to maintain the WHS Management System and procedures through the development of targeted training and provision of information to managers, supervisors and workers.
- Establishment of effective working relationships with managers, supervisors and workers to support operational activities and requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in WHS (or its equivalent) and/or related field is essential.
- Demonstrated WHS practitioner experience of five years minimum at operational level is required.
- Highly developed communication skills to effectively facilitate and negotiate outcomes with a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to guide, influence and persuade others in a constructive manner.
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to tailor their communication style to the needs of both internal and external stakeholders.
For more information or a copy of the position description please contact Julie Jardine on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only. You must be an Australian resident and a current driver’s license is essential.
Applications close 29th April.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
At the ILSC we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we support.Apply for Job