Paxton are seeking an experienced Vineyard Operator/Supervisor to support the Vineyard Manager to ensure efficient upkeep and maintenance across multiple vineyard sites.
About the Company
Established in 1979, over the last four decades, Paxton has nurtured and developed their family estate vineyards in the world-renowned wine growing region of McLaren Vale in South Australia. Paxton manage 480 acres across 8 vineyard sites. Paxton managed vineyards supply super premium grapes for the Paxton Wines brand and also to numerous recognised Australian wineries.
This salaried role will be reporting to the Vineyard Manager and will be responsible for staff supervision and organisation of daily work plans in conjunction with the Vineyard Manager. The successful applicant will be vital in ongoing vineyard improvements, maintenance and operational efficiencies.
About the Person
To be successful in this position you will bring proven experience in a similar role as well as a hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated attitude. You will be working daily in the field, with the ability to work independently and have excellent communication skills.
- Operation of vineyard machinery, such as tractors, fungicide units and harvesters
- Hands on vineyard responsibilities such as: pruning, training and irrigation
- Upgrading vineyards and reconstruction pruning
- Maintain and encourage best practice WHS
- Supervision and upkeep of communication with full time employees and contractors
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience working in a similar role
- A formal qualification in viticulture is favourable but not necessary
- An interest and willingness to learn about bio-dynamics is vital
- Pest Technician License desirable
- Forklift License desirable
- Drivers license essential
If you have any questions or would like some more information, please contact Rachelle Delaporte on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job