- Join a well-established Townsville organisation going through rapid growth
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all tasks of Long Distance Operators
- Permanent full time opportunity, South Townsville location, onsite parking
About the Company
Townsville Bulk Storage and Handling is a supply chain management company with a reputation as one of North Queensland’s most trusted providers of stevedoring, transport and warehousing solutions built on our strong relationships with customers around the globe. Our scope of tailored end-to-end services extends to every corner of Australia. Townsville Bulk Storage and Handling recently became a subsidiary of Flinders Logistics which is part of the Flinders Port Holdings Group. Other companies in the Flinders Port Holdings group include Flinders Ports and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal.
Townsville Bulk Storage & Handling is seeking to employ a suitably skilled Transport Coordinator to oversee the planning, scheduling and ongoing coordination of all Long-Distance Operators and Contractors.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this challenging yet rewarding opportunity will suit an experienced Coordinator with prior experience managing busy transport schedules in a similar environment. Along with complete responsibility over task scheduling, rostering, and maintenance forecasting it will also be the successful applicant’s responsibility to ensure that a customer service focus is maintained across the fleet and that all Operators adhere to current WHS&E and NHVAS legislative requirements.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all tasks of Long Distance Operators and Contractors, including the administration of rosters.
- Promote safety & environmental standards at all times ensuring that zero harm is a daily focus via toolbox and safety talks.
- Ensure fuel deliveries meets client agreement and schedule fleet to be available at time of preventative maintenance and service due dates.
- Manage transport staff and operational issues through identification and problem solving.
- Provide efficient and effective customer service to manage and resolve issues with carriers and clients.
- Ensure the organisation meets all transport regulations for trucks and trailers.
- Participate with managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Manage incident reporting and close out within the transport department.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated senior level experience in a similar role coordinating logistic activities across a medium/large sized fleet.
- The ability to plan and forecast based on current and future requirements in the long, medium and short term.
- Sound NHVR experience encompassing knowledge and understanding of transport legislation.
- Relevant qualification in WHS would be highly regarded but as a minimum a strong understand of these practices.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with strong Microsoft Excel experience.
- Excellent level of influence, negotiation, judgment and decision-making skills with a professional approach.
- A proactive attitude and a continuous improvement focus to identify opportunities to improve operation efficiencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including an ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work under pressure, to organise priorities and to meet deadlines.
For more information please contact Anthony Scholfield from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273, for a copy of the position description please email email@example.com
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format where possible.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job