- Multiple, 2-year specified term positions located in Junee NSW!
- Attractive Remuneration Package and flexibility with a 24/7 roster!
- Excellent opportunity with no experience required, full training provided
Fast paced and exciting role designed for a dedicated and expert communicator who can think on their feet!
About the Company
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. ARTC manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making them one of Australia’s largest rail network owners.
As a national business in a sector undergoing rapid, positive changes, ARTC offers a diverse, challenging and exciting working environment. ARTC continuously strive to improve their business and surpass customer expectations. Creativity and innovation are driven by their team and their people are central to their ability to evolve and grow into the future.
The Network Controller is responsible for the coordination and monitoring of ARTC’s extensive rail track network. While maintaining a safety-first mentality, this role will involve monitoring the train control system and performing signaler functions, as well as recording rolling stock movements and issuing work on track authorities.
The successful applicants will be required to work on a variety of Control Boards, controlling and monitoring train movements, as well as providing safe and efficient management of track maintenance access requests across ARTC’s extensive railway network. They will be required to work on a rotating 24/7 roster, including public holidays as the trains don’t stop, neither does Network Control.
- Control and record the movement of trains and track vehicles over specific sections of ARTC’s railway network in accordance with safe networking practices
- Comply with safe working requirements, codes of practice, procedures and processes
- Answer and respond to emergencies and irregularities in line with regulations and best safe working practice
- Relay and issue instructions to drivers and other track staff
- Ensure compliance with train and other relevant notices regarding alterations and additions to signaling, safe work practices and rollingstock
- Work cooperatively with drivers and other staff to ensure prompt reaching of destinations
- Work cooperatively with adjoining Network Controllers and adjoining track owners to facilitate the safe transit of trains and track work across boundaries.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
As there is no prior Network Controlling experience required to be successful, we do require successful applicants to have outstanding experience within the following skills:
- Safety focus – committed to achieving zero harm
- Calm under pressure – experience making quality decisions in a prompt and safe manner
- Attentive to detail – superior ability to interpret and work with technical information
- Superior communicator – communicate with clarity
- Team Player – ability to build strong working relationships
- Customer Service – committed to achieving exceptional outcomes for our customers
Please address each of the above key selection criteria in your cover letter, as well as submitting a resume with your application.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, you may be required to complete a range of assessments and screening activities. Components may include written assessments, psychometric assessments, video interviews, or job sample assessments. You may be asked to attend up to 2 interviews, provide at least 2 work related referees for reference checks and undertake pre-employment medical assessments that include drug and alcohol testing.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check.
Appointment is subject to ARTC’s medical fitness standards relative to the position and successful completion of technical training. ARTC is a drug and alcohol-free working environment.
Please note applications for this role will close by 5:00pm Tuesday 24th September 2019, Australian Eastern Standard Time.
For more information please contact the team at Harrison McMillan referencing the Trainee Network Controller role on (08) 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.Apply for Job