The City of Onkaparinga is South Australia’s largest metropolitan council with just over 10 per cent of the state’s population, and is continuing to grow rapidly. We are a high performing; responsive, innovative organisation that meets our communities’ needs and strives to achieve excellence in all areas. We are an equal opportunity employer and employ people who share our passion for creating a better place to live and work. Our professional and friendly workplace offers a great working environment in which individuals are accountable and supported to continually develop to be the best they can be.
Reporting to the Manager ICT, this key role will be accountable for the realisation of innovative and contemporary strategies that align service delivery and technical outcomes to customer needs. This role will see you develop and implement strategies, policies, and standards for the organisation’s technical infrastructure whilst leading the identification and resolution of complex technical issues in addition to overseeing the ICT Service Desk. With customer service at the forefront, you will lead a team of specialist multi-disciplinary technical staff to ensure concurrent, competing high-priority support activities are delivered in accordance with business objectives and customer outcomes.
Coming into the role, amongst putting forward new, innovative ideas and ensuring a customer service focus with your team, you can expect to be leading a number of material projects to upgrade Council’s broader computing network to ensure same underpins the daily business operations of the organisation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience in leading staff and managing significant resources to deliver service excellence and complex ICT projects and initiatives with a high level of quality including assessing and mitigating strategic issues and risks within a government environment, and initiating, managing and undertaking high-level research and analysis.
- Unwavering capacity to deliver a range of complex, strategic and technical advice and consultancy services to influence, guide and support the management of specific programs and projects, pertaining to service delivery.
- Proven ability to analyse, evaluate, plan, develop and implement critical technical products and services, across a large and complex organisation, to support information technology operational outcomes and corporate directions.
- Demonstrated experience with contemporary practices in compute, storage, SaaS/PaaS, data connectivity, WAN topology and Disaster Recovery.
- Actively participate in and contribute to internal cross-functional and project teams where ICT is a key stakeholder and provide technical expertise and leadership on ICT policy, procedure and best practice.
- Represent Council and participate in external ICT special interest groups and events relevant to the role and objectives of the Customer Service Team, to enhance our industry knowledge, best practice and to secure positive technology outcomes for Onkaparinga.
To be successful in this position, you will have advanced interpersonal skills and will be an exceptional communicator able to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner. Underpinning the timely development of strategies and programs cross-functionally, you will possess highly developed project management skills. To promote your success in the role you will have an IT background, customer focus and an ICT or related qualification to compliment this.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.