- Work for the largest winery in the southern hemisphere!
- Opportunity to lead and mentor a maintenance team.
- Full time role based in Regional South Australia, Berri.
Bring your strong leadership and preventative maintenance experience to Accolades state of the art facilities with opportunities in exciting upcoming projects.
About the Company
At Accolade Wines, our history runs deep, with a proud legacy that includes some of the first wineries to be established in Australia. This rich heritage has helped us build one of the world’s leading wine companies, with an award-winning portfolio that caters to every palate and occasion. Our enduring commitment to quality, innovation and passion has ensured these names rank among the world’s most recognisable and loved brands.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for the maintenance, electrical and grounds undertaken at the Berri Estates site. You will manage the maintenance team to ensure effective, efficient and continual operation of the mechanical and electrical equipment. You are responsible for overseeing the preventative maintenance programs with the aim of minimising breakdowns or making sure breakdown time is minimal. You will be responsible for creating a safety-first culture within the maintenance team, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
About the Person
You will be a collaborative manager with strong leadership skills. Coming from a winery background with extensive knowledge of the specialised equipment used.
- Involved in the planning and coordination of the team daily work program to maximise output and minimize the cost of materials.
- Manage, coach and develop the maintenance, electrical and grounds team to be high performing, solution-based teams.
- Writing and presenting reports to senior leaders on progress of projects, preventative maintenance work and any major capital works as required.
- Develop and foster a ‘one team’ mentality within your team.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual maintenance budget, forecasts and all capital expenditure proposals.
- Manage the tender and quote process and execute capital projects within budget.
- Keep up to date with changing trends in winery plant, equipment and processes and report findings with the aim of creating a continuous improvement culture.
- Foster a safety-first culture and encourage the reporting of unsafe conditions and incidents by all employees.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an allied engineering environment (Wine Industry).
- 5 years’ experience leading a team.
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Mechanical / Pneumatic systems experience
- Experience in reliability centred maintenance is desirable.
For more information please contact Joanne Murtagh on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job