Seeking a hands-on Electrical Engineer with Electrical AUTOCAD skills – own your work from design to integration!
Sydac is a world leading developer of simulation technology and engineering software for the global rail and transportation sector with employees based across Australia, India and the UK. Sydac has clients in many areas of the world including India, China and Europe and North America.
Sydac’s head office is based in Adelaide and its employees are dedicated to driving simulation activities, with in house capabilities in software development, 3D computer graphics, electrical and mechanical engineering and project management.
About the Role
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Team Leader, you will work as a member of a small and specialised team. Your responsibilities will be focused across multiple projects with a mission to design and implement electrical systems and interfaces for transport simulators (train, tram and truck).
Working within assigned budgets and timeframes, you will undertake electrical design and development activities whilst working towards the seamless integration of hardware and software systems. As Sydac has clients across the globe from time to time there may also be a requirement for travel with this position.
- Set-up and maintenance of the simulator hardware infrastructure (computer, peripheral & network configuration)
- Simulator hardware installation and integration for electrical and computer systems
- Liaise with customers regarding any technical issues
- Design of simulator computer hardware layouts whilst consulting with the project System Architect re the software module allocation
- Modify and maintain existing simulators
- Provide support both on-site and remotely for installed systems
- Assemble replicas of cab simulators in line with design and client requirement
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering or similar desirable (Trades experience and qualification will also be considered)
- Electrical AUTOCAD skills to develop wiring drawings, electrical standards, testing of electrical equipment and experience with audio and video systems
- Sound knowledge of, and significant hands-on experience in integrated electrical system design essential
- Demonstrated, practical hands-on Electrical Engineering skills and a real desire to work in this sort of role
- Ability to design, manufacture and install hardware
- Experience applying electrical standards, PLC programming
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a multi-tasking environment as you work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders and suppliers in a professional and efficient manner
- A keen interest in this unique field of work
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a unique organisation that is highly passionate about rail simulations and is a leader in its field!
For more information please contact Angie Geldenhuys on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job