This contract Senior Accountant role is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyse and report on financial information, including preparation of the statutory and management accounts. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the Finance Support Officers, as well as providing support to the Finance Leader on taxation matters and general financial and management accounting activities.
- Provide support to the Finance Leader and supervise/oversee day-to-day function of the Finance Support Officers
- Complete allocated month end tasks within required timeframes with focus on accuracy
- Assist Finance Leader in production of annual financial statements, including preparing note disclosures in line with current accounting standards
- Assist various cost centre leaders with preparation of annual and half-year administration expenses budget
- Ensure the organisation meets tax compliance requirements, including for Business Activity Statement, Fringe Benefits Tax Return and Income Tax Equivalent Regime payment with guidance from the Finance Leader. This may include preparing returns as required
- Monitor daily cash movements and treasury cash flow requirements to ensure the target closing balance is maintained and sufficient cash is available
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years working experience
- Full membership of recognised professional accounting body (CA ANZ or CPA Australia)
- Previous experience supervising an accounts team
- Knowledge of current Australian Accounting Standards
- Some previous experience in indirect taxes including Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) and Goods & Services Tax (GST)
For more information please contact Joanne Murtagh on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.