- Pivotal leadership opportunity to join an innovative mining brand
- Family-owned Australian business with a global footprint
- Strategically drive the development of existing and new business
Maptek provides the world’s mining industry with innovative, high quality solutions for the business-critical technical challenges that operations face every day. They make the most widely used, advanced and successful products in the industry. Maptek build collaborative and productive relationships with their users to develop and deliver innovative, technically robust solutions to meet clients’ needs.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the development of new and existing business, including supporting international sales teams to achieve global account initiatives. Develop a sales strategy, associated marketing plan and incentivise the sales team to achieve sales targets in this pivotal role. This is a unique opportunity to connect tactical actions to strategic plans and drive further success across the business to positively impact the organisation.
- Provide strong leadership, management and strategic direction for the business unit
- Develop and execute a strategic marketing and sales plan that expands the Maptek Australasian customer base
- Steer profitable results through the sales team by implementing and driving effective sales strategies which will generate new revenue
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of competitors’ product offerings
- Prepare sales forecasts and report on sales targets periodically to track progress and recommend improvements
- Investigate areas of improvement and create synergies and efficiencies between sales and marketing activities
- Monitor and ensure the department’s performance and finances in accordance with the budgets
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them to understand their needs
- Drive the culture of the team through coaching, mentoring and performance-target setting, in line with the values and objectives of Maptek
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Business Administration or a related subject
- Mining Technical Qualification would be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience as a Sales Manager, consistently driving a sales team to meet or exceed targets
- Experience with the development and implementation of strategic, operational, business and financial plans, including sales and marketing plans
- Well-established knowledge and experience within the Australian Mining industry working in a technical capacity or a role exposed to mining technology will be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead and inspire, engage, guide and mentor teams and develop business relationships
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in applying automated sales tools/platforms (experience in salesforce.com favourable)
- Availability for travel within Australasia
For more information please contact Angie Geldenhuys on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please
Apply for Job