- Integral leadership opportunity with Homestart!
- Full time permanent position based in Adelaide CBD
- Be part of an award-winning culture and get access to great benefits
About the Company:
HomeStart Finance (HomeStart) is a unique South Australian organisation in the financial services sector and while it is a home lending provider it is not a bank. HomeStart is a financial institution with a social conscience. Established as a statutory authority in 1989, its charter is to provide affordable home ownership solutions to the community and its reason for being is simple – ‘to make home ownership a reality for more people in more ways”. This is achieved by taking a proactive approach to addressing housing financing issues by continually creating innovative products and pathways which assist South Australians to overcome the barriers to entering the housing market.
HomeStart has a workforce of over 115 employees situated in the Adelaide CBD with two small offices located in Salisbury and Morphett Vale. The organisation believes that people are at the centre of what they do, and employees are central to success. Investment in their people is a key platform on which its success is based. HomeStart’s commitment to this has seen them recognised with numerous national awards including the Human Synergistics Culture Transformation Award in 2017, the Human Resource Director Employer of Choice Award (NFP and Public Sector in 2018) and the Australian Human Resource Institute Martin Seligman Health & Wellbeing Award in 2018.
Reporting directly to the Head of Risk and Leading, the Risk Assurance Leader will have a focus around implementing a strategy for risk and compliance programs in order to find appropriate balance in all forms of risk across HomeStart.
The Risk Assurance Leader will be responsible to communicate risk policies and processes, oversees risk models involving credit and operational risk, assures controls are operating effectively, and provides research and analytical support. This role has direct people leadership responsibility, leading a team of four risk and compliance professionals. Crisis management and business continuity is an important part of the Risk Assurance Leader role and takes a leadership role in a time of crisis.
The Risk Assurance Leader will have a big picture view across the organisation, building strong relationships and will be a ‘hands on’ leader with an extensive risk management experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive understanding of organisation risk management, risk management standards and frameworks
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area
- Demonstrated experience in effectively leading and managing a diverse team
- Financial services experience, preferably involving risk management and compliance.
- Comprehensive understanding of compliance standards and associated legislative environment
- Proven People Management experience with a ‘hands on’ approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong level of emotional intelligence with ability to develop rapport and build effective working relationships
- A collaborative working style with strong mentoring skills
- Adaptable with the ability to quickly pick up industry developments
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
For more information or a copy of the position description please contact Hayley Williger on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.