As one of the state’s largest and most iconic organisations, we’re proud to keep our members – and SA – moving in the right direction. More than 750,000 members choose us to deliver peace of mind through our trusted range of motor, home and travel products and services. We’re also one of the state’s largest employers (and growing!), with more than 1000 employees working collectively with the common goal to keep our members moving.
We’re all looking to make a difference through the work we do. To do work that is exciting, challenging and rewarding. When you work at RAA, that something could be helping a member keep their life moving —on the road, on holiday or at home. Or it could be seeing your innovative idea for transforming the business come to life.
But one thing’s for sure, you are going to make an impact. Because that’s what we’re all about here at RAA —giving people the power to make moves that matter.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for experienced and energetic Retail Sales Consultants to join the RAA Mile End Contact Centre. You will be part of our very friendly Retail Sales teams, who are our first and best point of contact for our members. Our team members are carefully chosen for their way with people; they are down to earth, honest and love to solve customer’s problems. They exceed their sales targets by having quality conversations with our members in order to identify the products and services they really need.
This role will see you deliver exceptional customer service, together with providing immediate and effective solutions to our members, coupled with achieving brilliant sales targets.
We pride ourselves on ensuring our staff succeed, and as such, RAA will provide thorough and structured training to successful candidates. Start dates will be late November 2020 and you will go straight into product & systems training for 4 weeks.
Our contact centre is open Monday – Friday between 8am to 6pm and Saturday between 9am to 12pm.
- Providing high quality customer service experience for all members;
- Ensuring quality conversations with customers in order to identify needs and offer the best solutions;
- Utilising procedures and guidelines to make good business decisions for RAA and our members;
- Becoming multi-skilled and able to provide information to new and existing members about all of RAA’s extensive products (Road Service, Insurance, Finance);
- Striving to achieve and exceed sales targets; and
- Maintaining an extensive knowledge of RAA systems and processes.
What you need
At RAA we hire on cultural fit first and technical fit second! However, to be successful in the role you will need to have:
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service and a passion to help others;
- Ability to use company procedures and guidelines to make the right decisions;
- Previous sales experience with the ability to meet and exceed targets;
- Resilience and the ability to deal with challenges and adversity;
- Solid attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing;
- Sound skills in finding what the member wants & needs, together with the ability to keep the conversation appropriately flowing and comfortable; and
- A fun attitude with a focus on success.
Your motivation, resilience, and hardworking nature will see you succeed in this role, coupled with your excellent communication skills, and sound ability to calmly and confidently navigate through systems in order to find the exact outcome for our members. Furthermore, your passion and desire to learn, grow and be an amazing contributor to RAA will also add further to your success.
What RAA offer
- Free RAA Premium Road Service
- Discounts on all RAA Products and Services
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Ongoing Training & Development Opportunities & Study Support Program
- Wellbeing Facilities and Corporate Health Insurance Plan
- On-site Café
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, we encourage you to apply.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only, applications close 5pm Thursday 15th of October 2020.
We’re committed to building a workplace that’s diverse and inclusive, where employees are embraced for their unique qualities and valued for their contributions. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace brings out the best in everyone, and helps us to give our members better service.