Seeking an outcome focused Project Manager with a proven track record in implementing software development or engineering projects.
Sydac is a world leading developer of simulation technology and engineering software for the global rail and transportation sector with employees based across Australia, India and the UK. Sydac has clients in many areas of the world including India, China and Europe and North America.
Sydac’s head office is based in Adelaide and its employees are dedicated to driving simulation activities, with in house capabilities in software development, 3D computer graphics, electrical and mechanical engineering and project management.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Projects, you will be responsible for the management, planning and execution of assigned projects through effective use of allocated project team resources. You will ensure project schedules are met and profit margins are achieved while delivering projects that satisfy all contractual requirements and general business activities in accordance with Sydac’s strategic direction.
A great opportunity to use your adaptive skills to work on Greenfields projects right through to streamlined, established projects, Sydac are constantly working on new simulator deliveries, continued updates and technical refreshing of the simulators.
- Manage several projects concurrently from conception to closure
- Accountability for the successful delivery of the project
- Use both Agile and Waterfall methodologies for building and managing multidisciplinary teams to support the Project
- Assume responsibility in areas such as scope management, defining deliverables, resource and contract management, budgets, risk management and reporting
- Communicate effectively with external stakeholders and internal project teams
- Satisfy all contractual & commercial requirements and general business activities associated with the projects
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Formal Project Management qualifications or equivalent experience working with agile and / or waterfall methodologies
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager managing complex projects in a technical environment
- Experience with Project Management software such as MS project or similar
- Experience allocating resources to time and on budget whilst meeting contractual obligations for your client
- A proven track record of delivering projects through the entirety of the Project Management lifecycle
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a multi-tasking environment as you work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and motivate individuals
- Superior interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders and suppliers in a professional and efficient manner
- A keen interest in this unique field of work
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a unique organisation that is highly passionate about rail simulations and is a leader in its field!
For more information please contact Hayley Williger on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job