- Join an established and continuously growing South Australian organisation
- Rewarding opportunity delivering major infrastructure and maintenance projects
- Permanent full time position, Port Adelaide location, onsite parking
About the Company
Flinders Port Holdings is South Australia’s leading port services group, and owner of Flinders Ports, Flinders Logistics and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal – the State’s only container operator. They also provide Hydrographic survey services through HydroSurvey Australia, a division of their ports business, Flinders Ports.
The Group is diverse and is committed to delivering the highest quality port and port related services including pilotage, mooring, launch services, port infrastructure, shipping infrastructure management, land infrastructure management, survey and marine control, stevedoring and logistics operations.
Flinders Port Holdings are seeking to employ a suitably skilled and qualified Project Manager to lead current and future maintenance projects on Flinders Ports facilities, as well as be accountable for the design, construction and implementation of new infrastructure, plant and equipment.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager this role will suit an experienced Project Manager with a proven background of experience and skills in the planning and implementation of large scale infrastructure and maintenance projects. You will have exceptional stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to deliver a clear message and drive success in the teams that support you, on top of this you will also have proven experience in resource allocation and budget planning.
In return, on offer is an opportunity to join a respected and established South Australian organisation with a culture focused on team work, safety and flexibility, where team members are encouraged to upskill themselves and to take on new challenges.
- Prepare port and berth development plans that reflect the utilisation and condition of the assets and provide input to capital and maintenance plans.
- Coordinate and deliver investigations on sensitive and complex engineering aspects of projects leading to the development of concept plans for upgraded and new facilities.
- In consultation with other Project Managers, assist in delivering Forward Works Program as well as the planning and construction of major projects.
- Prepare estimates and tender documents, call and assess tenders and manage contracts for externally provided services, works and consultancies.
- Work in conjunction with the Infrastructure Manager to provide strategic corporate advice on areas such as Management of Facilities, Risk Management, and Technology to Flinders Ports Management and Board.
- Be responsible for various activities in proximity to and associated with maintaining Flinders Ports rail infrastructure in accordance with legislation and the Standards.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Formal Project Management education and qualifications with an engineering or technical background.
- Proven Project Management experience in controlling the planning and implementation of large projects in a similar environment will be essential.
- Experience in the preparation of scopes of work suitable for tendering and contractor engagement.
- The ability to initiate and manage change and help others through change management.
- Experience in resource allocation and budgetary planning knowledge.
Knowledge of Port Facilities and Operation and the risks associated with Shipping Operations would be highly desirable.
- Excellent level of influence, negotiation, judgment and decision-making skills with a professional approach.
- A proactive attitude and a continuous improvement focus to identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including an ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work under pressure, to organise priorities and to meet deadlines.
For more information please contact Anthony Scholfield from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273, for a copy of the position description please email email@example.com
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format where possible.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job