About the Company
The City of Onkaparinga is South Australia’s largest metropolitan Council with just over 10 per cent of the state’s population and is continuing to grow rapidly. We are a high performing; responsive, innovative organisation that meets our communities’ needs and strives to achieve excellence in all areas. We are an equal opportunity employer and employ people who share our passion for creating a better place to live and work. Our professional and friendly workplace offers a great working environment in which individuals are accountable and supported to continually develop to be the best they can be.
Working together with the Change Manager: The Project Manager is accountable to the Manager ICT for providing operational management and leadership for the development and implementation of all non-change management outcomes pertaining to the ICT Reform Program, including:
- Providing efficient and comprehensive day to day management of project teams to ensure the development and delivery of project outcomes.
- Ensuring that high-level strategic budget priorities, for the management of significant project resources, are implemented, managed, monitored and reported on.
- Establishing and maintaining successful information and resource networks and managing sensitive and complex negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Leading, managing, supervising and guiding project staff, including providing a challenging and rewarding environment, effective performance review and the promotion of a culture of continual improvement.
- Providing professional representation for the project on the ICT Reform Program Delivery Board and other relevant committees, forums and working parties.
About the Person
We are seeking a Project Manager who has proven high level management experience leading an extensive enterprise-wide software implementation project. You will have a strong project focused attitude who always delivers on time and in budget. This role requires extensive experience in stakeholder management in politically sensitive environments, so exceptional communication skills are essential. You will be a strong leader who can influence and bring your team on the journey towards our common goal.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualification and/or certifications in Program/Project Management or related discipline
- Demonstrated background in the implementation of ERP solutions in a large and distributed environment.
- Proven high-level leadership skills to effectively manage a multi-faceted, complex and sensitive project and deal with competing pressures and tight timeframes, manage contracts and identify and assess risks.
- Proven successful experience in establishing effective networks, alliances and operational relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders, including providing expert advice and resolving complex project-related issues and situations.
- Highly developed project management skills which underpin the timely development of strategies, projects and programs and assist in cross functional collaboration.
- Proven ability to analyse operational systems and process to support continuous improvement and drive innovation.
- A commitment to internal and external customers demonstrated through the provision of timely, reliable and expert advice on matters within the area of responsibility.
For more information, please contact Joanne Murtagh on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.