- Join an established and continuously growing South Australian organisation
- Exciting opportunity supporting large scale projects in a maritime environment
- Permanent full time position, Port Adelaide location, onsite parking
About the Company
Flinders Port Holdings is South Australia’s leading port services group, and owner of Flinders Ports, Flinders Logistics and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal – the State’s only container operator. They also provide Hydrographic survey services through HydroSurvey Australia, a division of their ports business, Flinders Ports.
The Group is diverse and is committed to delivering the highest quality port and port related services including pilotage, mooring, launch services, port infrastructure, shipping infrastructure management, land infrastructure management, survey and marine control, stevedoring and logistics operations.
Flinders Port Holdings are seeking to employ a suitably skilled Project Engineer to support the design, construction and implementation of new infrastructure, plant and equipment, as well as supporting the Senior Engineer in the ongoing maintenance of Flinders Ports facilities.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, this challenging yet rewarding opportunity will suit an experienced and suitably qualified Engineer, ideally with a background in a related engineering discipline, ie civil engineering. You will have proven project engineering and management experience with past involvement in the planning and implementation of large projects working with diverse groups of stakeholders at all levels.
In return, on offer is an opportunity to join a respected and established South Australian organisation with a culture focused on team work, safety and flexibility, where team members are encouraged to upskill themselves and to take on new challenges.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining annual budgets and Forward Works Programs.
- Prepare port and berth development plans and provide input to capital and maintenance plans.
- Carry out and coordinate investigations on sensitive, complex and/or critical engineering aspects of projects to then recommend upgrade plans.
- Implement cost effective maintenance programs to ensure assets are retained in a safe, efficient and reliable condition.
- Planning, and construction of major projects to ensure operational requirements are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Prepare estimates and tender documents, call and assess tenders and manage contracts for externally provided services, works and consultancies.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven Project Engineering and Project Management skills with past involvement in controlling the planning and implementation of large projects in a similar environment will be essential.
- The ability to initiate and manage change and help others through change management.
- Experience in resource allocation and budgetary planning knowledge.
- Experience in infrastructure maintenance and asset management would be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of Port Facilities and Operation and the risks associated with Shipping Operations would be highly desirable.
- Excellent level of influence, negotiation, judgment and decision-making skills with a professional approach.
- A proactive attitude and a continuous improvement focus to identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including an ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work under pressure, to organise priorities and to meet deadlines.
For more information please contact Anthony Scholfield from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273, for a copy of the position description please email email@example.com
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format where possible.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job