Newly created full-time permanent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Specialist working in a modern refurbished office in Port Adelaide.
About the Company
Flinders Port Holdings is South Australia’s leading port services group, and owner of Flinders Ports, Flinders Logistics and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal – the State’s only container operator. They also provide Hydrographic survey services through HydroSurvey Australia, a division of their ports business, Flinders Ports.
The organisation is diverse and committed to delivering the highest quality port services including pilotage, mooring, launch services, port infrastructure, shipping infrastructure management, land infrastructure management, survey and marine control, stevedoring and logistics operations.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager; the Procurement Specialist will form a key role in bringing together strategic procurement and framework objectives.
You will have proven experience in strategic procurement and contracts management along with demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to influence and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity if you are dynamic, self-motivated and driven as you can expand and develop your management skills with the ability to step up in the future to potential management position.
- Provide leadership as the 2IC to the Procurement Manager to direct reports in procurement, assist in the development, coaching and management of procurement performance
- Manage and optimise the construction / kit frameworks, projects & programs
- Develop the supply chain capability via the implementation and performance management of short, medium- and long-term framework management strategies and plans
- Lead a complete supply chain management service to internal stakeholders / customers to ensure value for money, quality and timeliness
- Take lead responsibility for planning, tendering and negotiating Works and Services contracts
- Establish Key Performance Indicators for the new frameworks and critically manage the supply chain
- Ensure effective communication with key stakeholders regarding projects and day to day operation of the frameworks within their business
- Undertake project work that may include complex data analysis, report writing, consultation and presentation of ideas in a clear and concise manner both in writing and in person
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant experience leading and managing a procurement team
- Degree qualification and demonstrated experience in a Procurement, Supply Chain or Commercial discipline
- Demonstrated experience driving and leading a busy and complex procurement function including achievement of key performance indicators and managing employee performance
- Commercial experience in delivering strategic procurement & contract Management plans, developing and managing tenders
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of change management
- Experience in the development, implementation and management of the required policy and procedures to ensure compliance and consistency across the group.
- Procurement, projects & program management experience in the provision of value for money strategies and contracts
- High level knowledge & understanding of contemporary procurement management theory, principles and practice
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment and initiative
- Sound conceptual, analytical and research skills
All applications must be received by COB Tuesday 12th of March 2019
Please ensure your Resume and Cover Letter, outlines your experience and qualifications.
A pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol test) is required as part of the recruitment process, along with a National Police Check (issued within the past 6 months) is also required to progress your application.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Melita Walsh from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
All resumes to be submitted in Word format if possible.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Flinders Port Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Apply for Job