Exciting newly created opportunity for an experienced Procurement Specialist with South Australia’s leading ports operator.
About the Company
Flinders Port Holdings is South Australia’s leading port services group, and owner of Flinders Ports, Flinders Port Management Services Flinders Logistics and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal – the State’s only container operator.
Flinders Port Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for vacant positions. The Company firmly believes that a diverse workforce is essential to better individual and workplace outcomes and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds to apply for positions.
The organisation is diverse and committed to delivering the highest quality port services including pilotage, mooring, launch services, port infrastructure, shipping infrastructure management, land infrastructure management, survey and marine control, stevedoring and logistics operations.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager; the Procurement Specialist will form a key role in bringing together and shaping the capital work procurement program and framework objectives. The Procurement Specialist will have proven experience in the procurement of capital intensive programs, frameworks and contracts management along with demonstrated leadership experience.
- Provide leadership to direct reports in procurement, assist in the development, coaching and management of procurement performance
- Manage and implement procurement of construction / kit frameworks, projects & programs
- Develop the supply chain capability via the implementation and performance management of short, medium- and long-term framework management strategies and plans
- Lead a complete supply chain management service to internal stakeholders / customers to ensure value for money, quality and timeliness
- Take lead responsibility for planning, tendering and negotiating Works and Services contracts
- Establish Key Performance Indicators for the new frameworks to gain the best from our supply chain partners
- Ensure effective communication with key stakeholders regarding projects and day to day operation of the frameworks within their business
- Undertake project work that may include complex data analysis, report writing, consultation and presentation of ideas in a clear and concise manner both in writing and in person
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree qualification in a Procurement, Supply Chain or Commercial discipline
- Demonstrated experience driving and leading a busy and complex procurement function including achievement of key performance indicators
- Commercial experience in delivering strategic procurement & contract Management plans, developing and managing tenders
- Experience in the development, implementation and management of the required policy and procedures
- Procurement, projects & program management experience delivering value for money
- High level knowledge & understanding of contemporary procurement principles and practice
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to consult, negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders.
- A Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment and initiative
All applications must be received by 1700 Tuesday 29th January 2019.
Please ensure your Resume or Cover Letter, outlines your experience and qualifications.
A pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol test) is required as part of the recruitment process, along with a National Police Check (issued within the past 6 months) is also required to progress your application.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Melita Walsh from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
All resumes to be submitted in Word format if possible.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job