A progressive local council seeking an experienced and motivated Procurement Officer to join their busy and supportive team.
About the Company:
Located in the North Eastern suburbs of Adelaide; City of Tea Tree Gully (CTTG) are a progressive Council with a strong reputation for innovation and service excellence. We strive to support our community, stimulate our economy and create a more livable, vibrant and accessible city; a city which prospers because our people are there making it happen.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Procurement Officer to join CTTG’s Procurement and Contract Management team. Reporting to the Manager, Procurement and Contract Management, you will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of procurement across the organisation.
The role will particularly focus on the provision of procurement up to $100,000 under quotation processes,. You will provide guidance and support to internal customers on approaching the market to ensure value for money and best practice is achieved.
- Developing, reviewing and maintaining quotation processes/documentation and templates
- Provide advice and guidance relating to Council’s quotations processes in line with Council’s Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Assist in organising & delivering an annual workshop (education/awareness) for Suppliers in accordance with the Procurement Policy
- Delivery of purchasing information sessions and training and mentoring of relevant staff
- Provide support and advice to staff on procurement processes and practices
- Maintain probity in procurement processes to uphold the highest integrity
- Facilitate evaluation processes with stakeholders where required
- Draft reports for circulation to managers/executive where required
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in managing end to end procurement processes including preparing documentation, coordinating stakeholders and negotiating
- Excellent customer service ability
- Possess a strong team focus and outcomes focus
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Strong MS Office skills are essential
- Experience with Adobe system and Content Manager system would be highly regarded
If you’re passionate and want to join a focused, visionary and community-minded organisation, we want to hear from you. By joining the City of Tea Tree Gully, you will benefit from challenge, variety and an opportunity to develop your career.
For more information please contact Hayley Williger on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job