- Join an established and continuously growing South Australian organisation
- Diverse and challenging role working within a supportive team environment
- Permanent full time position, Port Adelaide location
About the Company
Flinders Port Holdings is South Australia’s leading port services group, and owner of Flinders Ports, Flinders Logistics and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal – the State’s only container operator. They also provide Hydrographic survey services through HydroSurvey Australia, a division of their ports business, Flinders Ports.
The Group is diverse and is committed to delivering the highest quality port and port related services including pilotage, mooring, launch services, port infrastructure, shipping infrastructure management, land infrastructure management, survey and marine control, stevedoring and logistics operations.
Reporting to the Senior Payroll Officer, the Payroll Officer will be responsible for the delivery of an effective and efficient payroll service. This will include ensuring the accurate and timely payment to employees of salaries and wages within the Group as well as the ongoing maintenance of associated records in accordance with the relevant agreements, awards, legislation, instructions and policies.
To be successful in this role you will have prior experience in a similar end-to-end payroll position within a comparably sized organisation and extensive experience with manual payroll processes, you will have strong numeracy skills as well as exceptional data entry and analytical abilities. You will have demonstrated experience working with multiple and varied enterprise agreements and awards at the one time.
In return, on offer is the chance to join an established and rapidly growing South Australian success story, where employees are encouraged to seek out opportunities to further their learning, diversify their skillsets and play an active and contributing role to the growth and evolution of the business.
- Ensure all aspects of payroll processing and associated activities, including salary disbursement, overpayment recovery, leave records and reporting are accurate and delivered on time.
- Maintain the integrity of the payroll and workforce management systems and ensure compliance with internal control procedures.
- Provide a responsive and accurate advisory service on payroll matters, resolve enquiries and assist in identifying payroll errors and implementing corrective action.
- Ensure employee remuneration packaging, salary and benefits are processed in accordance with the relevant Enterprise Agreement or Award.
- Assist the Senior Management Accountant in identifying process improvement opportunities and solutions to improve efficiency and service delivery to the Group.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the preparation, entry and processing of payroll data (end to end payroll processing), including manual processing, will be essential.
- Knowledge of procedures, acts, regulations that apply to payroll.
- Experience in processing of accounting documents and financial control processes.
- A working knowledge of Maritime or Stevedoring enterprise agreements or previous experience in operating in an enterprise agreement based environment would be highly regarded.
- Strong numeracy, data-entry and analytical abilities.
- Previous experience using Chris21 would be highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work under pressure, to organise priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Already holding, or able to qualify for, a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
For more information please contact Anthony Scholfield from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
Flinders Port Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format where possible.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job