Develop, implement and deliver strong marketing and brand strategies whilst driving marketing and sales growth via the strategic management of the Marketing functions.
About the company
Our client is a leading FMCG business with a proud history of focusing on customers, staff and quality product delivery. Based in Sydney’s Westerns Suburbs, they are a family owned and operated business who have had continued growth through supplying premium products locally and internationally since the late 1960’s.
Reporting to the General Manager of Sales and Marketing and working closely with the sales team, this role will be responsible for leading and managing the marketing function across the business.
The successful Marketing Manager will leverage their deep understanding of the relationship between marketing and sales in this B2B environment in order to find innovative ways of engaging with new and existing audiences and creating new sales opportunities. They will utilise their expert stakeholder management skills to develop relationships and influence key decision makers across the business.
This role is most suited to an outgoing and hands-on individual that enjoys working across both strategic and operational levels of marketing, to meet and exceed business outcomes within a high performing environment.
- Develop strategic marketing plans in consultation with key stakeholders and with an understanding of local / international markets and the FMCG industry.
- Effectively manage the execution and coordination of marketing activities in line with an agreed marketing and sales plan / strategy.
- Lead a small team whilst work closely with both the executive leadership and sales team.
- Create and allocate budgets across key channels including, but not limited to – digital, social, events, sponsorship, PR, site, fundraising etc. to achieve the desired ROI.
- Clearly articulate and creatively present brand positioning across selected audiences.
- Assist the ongoing business as usual marketing campaigns.
- Identify gaps in the market to capitalise and move the organisation into a more competitive direction and to create new unique client experiences and market opportunities for the business.
- Plan, implement and monitor the results of the marketing campaigns.
- Creation of a more present brand within website and social media platforms.
- Coach, mentor and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Constantly challenge and innovate.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive professional experience in a marketing role.
- Experience working within an FMCG environment, preferably perishable food products.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing or similar is highly desirable.
- Thorough understanding of strategic business marketing and communications within B2B environments.
- A strategic vision with willingness to be hands-on and operational.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Innovative and creative thinker with the ability to generate fresh ideas.
- Strong technology skills including Photoshop / Adobe Suite skills viewed favourably.
For more information and to apply, please contact Hayley Williger at Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.