About the Company
The City of Holdfast Bay is a place that proudly delivers great things, to its community and its staff. They deliver on promises, value people, recognise achievements, inspire progress, respect history and build the future, grow and learn, and enjoy what they do.
Initially offered as a three-year fixed term contract and reporting directly through to the General Manager Community Services, the Manager City Activation oversees one of the most diverse and public facing portfolios at the City of Holdfast Bay. Thus, we are seeking a charismatic leader to collaboratively work across all business units to successfully fulfil the Council’s strategic and business objectives.
Strategically stimulate growth and innovate in Community and Major Events, Jetty Road Retail Precinct, Digital Engagement and Communications, Marketing and Brand Management, History and Arts.
Please see below the key selection criteria for the position:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field or related industry experience is essential
- Proven experience in marketing and promotion strategies, including destination marketing and visitor attraction
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing brand management
- Extensive experience with project management, including project planning and scoping, research, analysis and implementation
- Experience in a leadership role including management and development of teams
- Experience in developing and maintaining industry partnerships and networks and working collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve quality outcomes
- Substantial experience in financial management including budget preparation and monitoring
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to establish credibility and deliver high quality outcomes for the community
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and motivate individuals
- Innovative thinker with the ability to explore new ways of doing business through creative solutions
- A valid driver’s license is essential
This is a rare opportunity to make a real difference to the City of Holdfast Bay Community.
Please note applications close at 9.00am on Monday the 23rd of July 2018.
For more information please contact Rochelle White on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job