- Lead a well-established team and deliver on team targets
- Opportunity to develop and progress to senior roles in the firm
- Permanent full-time opportunity, Adelaide CBD location
BDO’s Business Services practice advises some of our state’s most dynamic privately-owned businesses. As a result of continuous growth, we seek an experienced Manager looking to take the next step and advance their career within a dynamic, partner-led practice. This is a fantastic opportunity to accelerate your leadership journey in a fast paced environment with a diverse client base.
In this role, in conjunction with other senior staff, you will lead the team to success through the achievement of key deliverables. Holding accountability for the management of staff and client relationships, you will effectively delegate work to ensure that team targets are achieved on time. Being one of the key technical experts on the team, you will review work to ensure compliance with legislation and internal quality requirements. Your excellent communication and relationship-building skills will see you collaborate with your team and problem-solve for your clients effectively. You will enjoy a “hands-on” management role but also provide strategic support to the Partner and Director.
- Assisting to lead the team in fostering a cooperative, professional, productive and positive work atmosphere
- Delegate and schedule team tasks with accountability for KPI’s including producing outcomes to agreed deadlines
- Review compliance work completed by staff and identify technical issues
- Prepare compliance work for high net worth corporate groups and listed companies
- Provide pro-active accounting, taxation, compliance and commercial solutions to clients
- Create financial models and assist clients with finance applications, cash flow management and strategic planning activities in conjunction with senior staff
- Manage client relationships including the fostering and developing of staff relationships with clients
- Report, recommend and implement performance improvements on key metrics including team achievement of monthly billing targets, client satisfaction and delivery of work in an efficient and effective manner.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary Accounting qualification or equivalent experience
- CPA or CA qualified essential
- Proven experience working in a leadership role in a Professional Services environment
- Technical Taxation / Accounting knowledge and experience allowing you to review work
- Experience with cloud accounting packages (XERO, Quickbooks, MYOB Online etc.) is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member cooperatively or independently, demonstrating a positive, “can-do” attitude with a team focus
- Ability to lead discussions and negotiate outcomes with a strong leadership presence and ability to identify the long-term value of propositions and opportunities
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills; reflecting a strong customer service approach, including an ability to liaise with clients and staff in a positive manner
- Demonstrated aptitude for self-direction and motivation, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, to organise priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work through sensitive and challenging issues with staff, clients and superiors to produce outcomes
What BDO Offers
In addition to an industry-competitive salary package and career development opportunities, BDO offers a friendly and collaborative firm culture which includes structured social, recognition and corporate wellness programs. Annual events and activities range from cocktail parties to picnics, daily breakfast and corporate massages.
For more information please contact Angie Geldenhuys on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job