- Casual position, located in Port Pirie, 24/7 roster
- Join one of South Australia’s growing organisations
- Supportive team environment with the opportunity to learn new skills
About the Company
Flinders Logistics is an award winning logistics and stevedoring services company, with a focus on the mineral resources and oil and gas sectors in Australia. Flinders Logistics is committed to meeting clients’ needs for a cost-effective service that is safe for people and environmentally responsible.
Part of a wider group providing port services, Flinders Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of South Australian based Flinders Port Holdings. Other companies in the Flinders Port Holdings group include Flinders Ports and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal.
Flinders Logistics is seeking applications from motivated and highly organised individuals who would like to join the Flinders Logistics Pty Ltd business in Port Pirie as a Casual Logistics Team Member.
These Team Members will join an existing group of equally motivated individuals, and it will be their main responsibility to complete tasks such as:
- Work in a high risk environment up to 12 hour day/night shift across 7 days
- Operation of machinery including front end loader, skid steer , heavy forklift etc
- General precinct duties
- Ensuring a safe work environment by adhering to strict safety procedures
- Participating in ongoing training
To be successful in this position you will be a driven and eager applicant, ideally who has previous experience working in logistics/transport environments, however this is not an essential requirement. Hands on experience operating plant machinery in a high risk environment will be looked upon favourably, as well holding a high risk forklift licence.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Ability and experience working both independently and in teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and the ability to problem solve
- Outcome driven with the ability to work under pressure
- Already hold, or be eligible for, a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC). This involves obtaining a National Police Check.
- Available both on call and over a 24 hour rotating roster
- Experience moving and storing cargo in a logistics/transport environment
- High Risk Forklift Ticket
- Experience operating any of the following machinery:
- Front end loader
- Skid steer
- 60T crane
- 100T crane
- Dogman / Rigger
If you are an enthusiastic worker who enjoys learning new skills and taking on challenges, then we encourage you to apply today.
Telephone enquiries can be made by contacting Anthony Scholfield from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Flinders Port Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for vacant positions.Apply for Job