About the company
Meertens Chartered Accountants is a boutique business recovery & insolvency firm with offices presently located in Adelaide and Darwin. Meertens has managed the external administrations of a range of organisations in size and complexity across various industries, including Indigenous corporations. Its team provides their expertise to support businesses through solvency management, insolvency and administration.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Insolvency File Manager, you will be responsible for maximising monetary returns and advancement to clients, partners and employees. You will assist with the entire insolvency process including receiverships, liquidations and voluntary administrations as well as performing the more difficult work on larger administrations.
You will be managing insolvency files autonomously with the expectation of handling ASIC lodgements, adjudicating creditor claims, identifying and realising assets and preparation of investigation files.
In this role you will supervise and act as a technical resource to junior staff in their day to day tasks and in their personal development.
On occasion, travel to remote communities will be required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Accounting or Law or similar
- Qualified or working towards CA/CPA and ARITA Advanced Certification
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of all aspects of corporate insolvency, including recent amendments to insolvency law, with at least four years prior experience
- An understanding of personal insolvency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and utilise logical methodology in sensitive and challenging matters
- Ability to work with a variety of diverse clients, whilst installing confidence and trust through building and maintaining working relationships
- Strong Microsoft office skills and a working knowledge of MYOB Insol 3 and AO
Applicants who are passionate about a supervisory opportunity in Insolvency and are ready to take on a new role within a business that promotes learning in a friendly, yet hard-working, culture, please press the apply now button below.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Hayley Williger at Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
All resumes to be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job