About the company
Meertens Chartered Accountants is a boutique business recovery & insolvency firm with offices presently located in Adelaide and Darwin. Meertens has managed the external administrations of a range of organisations in size and complexity across various industries, including Indigenous corporations. Its team provides their expertise to support businesses through solvency management, insolvency and administration.
Purpose of the role
The position of Insolvency File Manager will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to continue to grow their skillset and capability within a management position.
As the Insolvency File Manager, you will be responsible for managing the entire insolvency process, including but not limited to receiverships, liquidations and voluntary administrations. You will also manage pre-appointment planning work through to finalisation. Included in this fast-paced role will be the responsibility of managing staff, task allocation and job management as well as the opportunity to mentor more junior members of staff in support of their career development.
You will play an active role in the strategic direction of the organisation by establishing process improvements to streamline parts of the business that may not be performing at the expected level.
On occasion, travel to remote communities will be required.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Accounting or Law or similar
- Qualified CA/CPA with ARITA Advanced Certification
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role with at least six years in a similar environment
- High level of knowledge of Corporations Law requirements and recent changes to insolvency law
- Experience with Analysis of Profitability, Asset Structures / Valuations, Cash flow
- A strong working knowledge of voluntary administrations, liquidations and receiverships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and utilise logical methodology in sensitive and challenging matters
- Ability to work with a variety of diverse clients, whilst installing confidence and trust through building and maintaining working relationships
- Strong Microsoft office skills and a working knowledge of MYOB Insolvency
If you are passionate about a leadership opportunity in insolvency and enjoy problem-solving challenging and complex matters, then please press the apply button below!
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Hayley Williger at Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
All resumes to be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.