About the Company
The City of Holdfast Bay has a rich history in the foundation of South Australia and its staff serve an active and engaged local community. It is home to high profile leisure and entertainment precincts and is a premier seaside destination. They promote a lively workplace culture that proudly delivers great things to the community.
Reporting directly through to the CEO and joining a high performing Senior Leadership Team, the General Manager, Community Services will oversee a diverse portfolio which encompasses Library Services; Customer Experience; City Activation; Active Communities and Community Wellbeing. To be successful you will proactively engage with the community, encourage innovation, readily accommodate change and be self-motivated to establish credibility amongst the City of Holdfast Bay community.
Your key responsibility will be to lead, develop and manage the Community Services Division to fulfil the Council’s strategic and business objectives. Please see below the key selection criteria for the position:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar senior executive position
- Proven success in leading diverse teams to achieve planned outcomes
- Experience managing a large budget and value-driven financial outcomes is essential
- Demonstrated resource management skills are required
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, guidelines and standards as well as experience within state or local Government would be advantageous
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills with experience leading change
- Advanced strategic planning and business transformation experience always promoting integrity and best practice across the division
- Inquisitive mind, open to exploring new and innovative ways to do business using creative solutions
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to skilfully negotiate, influence and motivate individuals
- A tertiary qualification in Community Services, Business Management or any other related field is essential
This is a rare opportunity to make a real difference to the City of Holdfast Bay Community.
For more information please contact Rochelle White on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job