- Excellent part-time career opportunity to consult to the Not-for-profit sector
- Flexible location – Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane
- Play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Meals on Wheels
About Australian Meals on Wheels Association
Australian Meals on Wheels Association (AMOWA) is a federated body with a national scope. AMOWA provides proactive and strategic national leadership and a clear coherent voice on matters that affect Meals on Wheels clients, volunteers and staff and the local communities in which they are placed. It enables a single point of contact between Meals on Wheels services and policy-makers, funders, regulators, sponsors and other key stakeholders. AMOWA’s Members are the peak State and Territory organisations for Meals on Wheels in NSW, Queensland, Tasmania, South Australia and Victoria, with subscriber representatives from Western Australia and the ACT.
Reporting to the Board Executive Committee, the Executive Director (ED) is an integral part of AMOWA’s leadership by being responsible for the day to day management and direction aligned to the Strategic Plan, Mission and Values of AMOWA. This goes hand in hand with the Administration of a National Body and the political nuance required to draft, influence and lobby policies with government officials. This role provides high level strategic advice to the Board and acts as the public face of the organisation.
You will be pivotal in providing an avenue to develop and share best practice between the 600 services that the State and Territory Associations represent and promote and raise awareness of Meals on Wheels in Australia.
You will have a clear and demonstrable understanding of the not-for-profit sector and whilst utilising your business acumen, you will work to grow and maintain the sustainability of Meals on Wheels. The initial contract has a two-year term. This newly created, part-time position offers the flexibility of location and hours to suit you.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Senior level experience working as a Chief Executive, ED or Senior Manager
- Previous experience working within the NFP sector and a volunteer-engaging organisation
- Proven experience gaining sponsorship or grant funding
- An understanding of the government / legislative lifecycle and how to initiate influence within it
- Advanced strategic planning skills with the ability to plan, set and implement key strategies
- Significant business acumen and financial management skills to ensure sound decisions are made and impacts/risks are anticipated and mitigated
- Highly developed public relations, advocacy and presentation skills in order to promote and act as the representative for the Association where appropriate
- Demonstrated experience building strategic alliances with other for purpose organisations, peak bodies, corporate partners and sponsors
- Outstanding leadership skills and communication skills coupled with the ability to engage others, create enthusiasm and drive organisation culture
- Proven networking and relationship building skills to make new connections to promote the Association’s agenda and identify and take advantage of new opportunities
- Highly developed negotiation skills to drive outcomes for AMOWA
- Awareness and knowledge of the regulatory environment in which AMOWA operates
- Tertiary or post graduate qualifications in management, business, human services or social sciences or equivalent years of experience is highly advantageous
- Action oriented with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Positive, proactive and goal-focused
For a scope of work and further information please contact Angie Geldenhuys on 08 7071 7273 or email email@example.com.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please
Apply for Job