- Prominent not-for-profit, the pinnacle of prevention roles with cancer focus
- Advocacy opportunity, drive change and reform
- Permanent Full-time role based in Eastwood
Have you been waiting your whole career for this type of opportunity to come along? Join the best in the industry in this pivotal role for Cancer Council SA, and a real leadership opportunity
About the Company
As the largest non-government provider of cancer research funds in South Australia, Cancer Council SA undertakes three important aspects of cancer control — research, prevention and support for people with cancer, their families and friends. With ambitious plans and a clear strategy to achieve its vision and mission, the business is entering an exciting period of organisational growth, development and revenue diversification. We are seeking a talented and experienced Education and Information Manager to influence and advocate for an iconic NFP brand.
The role will be reporting to the General Manager, Services, Research and Public Policy. Join a community funded not for profit with a purpose to beat cancer. We look at all aspects of Cancer from research right through to support, with an aim of funding research of the highest scientific merit and of value to the community that we serve and represent. Providing expert, impartial evidence that influences the actions of Cancer Council SA, policy makers, practitioners and the community to reduce the impact of cancer.
- Inspire and motivate a dedicated and passionate team who are driven by the company’s purpose and their direct impact
- Contributing to building and maintaining cancer prevention, screening, early detection and management
- Oversight of scientific management of existing research projects
- Managing and mentoring staff and post-graduate students
- Building collaborations with other key experts in the field
- Empower your team to identify opportunities for innovation and growth
- Providing strong leadership, role clarity to staff
- Provide timely and accurate advice and support across the business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Manage staff effectively, ensuring effective allocation and supervision of their work, their ongoing professional development, and effective management
- Oversee the preparation of submissions and grant applications for funding by external bodies
- Prepare and manage project and program budgets where appropriate
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships within Cancer Council SA and with other health organisations, academic institutions, external researchers and industry partners
- PhD qualification in health economics, epidemiology, public health or a related field would be highly regarded
- Proven ability to provide leadership to foster excellence in research, professional activities, and policy development within the field
- High level interpersonal and verbal communication skills including delivering conference presentations
- A strong reputation in health economics
- Any previous experience in research on cancer prevention, screening and early detection or cancer services and outcomes will be looked upon favourably
- Experienced in managing a diverse team and building a culture of high performance and creativity
- An exceptional communicator, convincing and persuasive style
- Professional empathy and a genuine commitment to the values and mission
- Prior exposure to a similar level position essential, with credibility from your previous role/s
- An openness to trying new ideas and an inquisitive mind
- Well-developed computer skills, experience with Microsoft software, email and database applications
- A passion for the wellbeing of others.
If you have proven experience in a prevention and advocacy leadership role, we’d like to hear from you. For more information please contact Pam Mitchell on 08 7071 7273. Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job