Reporting through to the National Retail Manager, the Distribution Centre Manager will be responsible for all activities associated with the movement and storage of goods in the Distribution Centre. Operating within this dynamic and busy DC, your remit will encompass the efficient utilisation of the facility for storing and distributing a diverse product range, utilised within retail stores, trade and building sector environments. You will be responsible for overseeing a small team within the warehouse, as well as managing and improving processes whilst promoting a safe working environment.
About the Person
Importantly, you will be “tech savvy”, with demonstrable experience in the use of a modern DC computerised system. Solution orientated, you will set the tone for improved business expectations. We are targeting an experienced, practical and “hands on” Distribution Centre Manager, ideally possessing experience gained in a “complex” product DC.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong leadership skills to influence and motivate your team
- Responsible for Health & Safety within the DC area, investigating and reporting all incidents, ensuring operation procedures are developed, maintaining and developing and maintaining risk assessment documentation for all plant and equipment on site.
- Uphold DIFOT of 98% or better by implementing streamlined processes and controls
- Ensure stock controls are stringent, and systems are followed
- Identify and provide training and development for personnel as needed
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- A certificate in Frontline Management is desired
For more information, please contact Joanne Murtagh on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.