We are seeking experienced Support Workers to work within our Whyalla Day Options and Individualised Support service. In this hands-on role you will use your knowledge and experience working with people with intellectual and physical disabilities to promote independent living skills, community participation and relationship building.
Support Workers play a pivotal role in providing first hand support to develop an environment of safety, health, comfort and enjoyment while assisting our customers to recognise their potential and achieve their desired goals.
As a team player who enjoys communicating with a variety of people, you will utilise your initiative and self-motivation whilst demonstrating your client-centred approach to service delivery. Flexibility and availability are essential in these roles.
This position requires an understanding of and experience in managing complex behaviours in young people and adults and willingness to role model appropriate behaviours.
Regional Services is a division of Novita, meeting the needs of children, young people and adults, with disability, social disadvantage or other additional needs across regional areas of South Australia and Far West NSW. In Whyalla, our Community Inclusion program provides Day Options for adults living with a disability and individualised support for children, young people and adults.
Along with relevant minimum certificate III qualifications (Disability or similar) you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Clear & effective communication
- Proven ability to establish rapport with people of all ages
- Willingness to support individuals with daily activities (such as personal care, grooming etc)
- Flexibility to work over a 7-day roster & availability to work overnight shifts (if required)
- Knowledge and understanding of the complex behaviours & support needs of young people and adults with disabilities
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit effective & appropriate role modelling
Novita is a child safe organisation and requires the successful applicant to complete pre-employment checks including a DCSI Child-Related Employment Screening. This position will be paid in accordance with the Social, Community Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
What Novita offer
Along with a genuine opportunity to make a difference, our employees have access to:
- Salary packaging benefits, employee assistance & other programs
- Significant professional development opportunities
- Ongoing support and supervision
This is a great opportunity for a Support Worker. If you are passionate about making a difference and working as part of a growing and dynamic team then we would like to hear from you!
For more information please contact Roz Pontifex on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.