Seeking an experienced Disability Care Coordinator to coordinate the operational functions and services provided to Balance Home Services clients in compliance with our contracts, service agreements and the NDIS quality principles.
About the Company:
Balance Home Services (formerly Dial an Angel), established in 1967, provides home-based services such as disability care for adults and children, care for the elderly, as well as child care and domestic cleaning and gardening services.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Disability Care Coordinator is responsible for client communication and the rostering of field staff for clients living with disabilities in their homes. Liaising with case managers and other stakeholders as required.
This position demands a high attention to detail, a display of initiative and an ‘above and beyond’ approach to your stakeholders. You will demonstrate exceptional organisational ability and have a strong and confident knowledge of technologies such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
No one day will be the same and you will require the flexibility to handle multiple tasks from different areas of the business. Your day will be filled with a variety of duties which will ensure you are busy and engaged at all times.
A background in a nursing role or a community services environment is preferred.
- Develop and maintain relationships with case managers, clients and their families, and associated health professionals.
- Manage new client enquiries and provide relevant information about our services
- Attend client’s homes to understand your client’s needs and develop care plans in consultation with the client, family and other relevant parties
- Attend meetings as necessary to support your client’s ongoing care needs
- Ensure field staff are suitable skilled for your client’s needs and that they understand their role in relation to individual client needs
- Identify training needs for field staff that relate to specific clients
- Creation and maintenance of rosters
- Maintain an up to date and accurate database in relation to your clients
- Maintain a comprehensive and well organized electronic client file for additional important information crucial to your client’s ongoing care
- Communication between Managing Director, internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong administration and organisational ability
- Ability to manage a client case load and juggle competing demands
- Strong display of initiative and drive
- Seamless written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with databases and Microsoft Office
- Current driver’s license
- Experience working in a community services / disability services environment
- An understanding of NDIS and the disability sector
- Understanding of the needs of clients & their families
- Current senior first aid and child related DCSI clearance
If you have the skills and experience required for this role and are looking for a challenging opportunity supporting a close-knit team, we encourage you to apply.
Closing date for applications: 3rd of August 2018
For more information please contact Hayley Williger on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.