- Leadership role focused on managing relationships across government
- Opportunity to design & deliver the technology roadmap for SA Gov
- Initial 2 year full-time contract position for an exceptional leader (MAS3)
Strategic role for a commercially experienced and engaging leader who can demonstrate big-picture thinking to optimise delivery of core ICT services.
About the Company:
The Department of the Premier and Cabinet (DPC) is the lead agency supporting the Premier and Cabinet by developing policy and delivering programs to realise the Government’s vision for South Australia.
The Office for Technology, a directorate within the ICT and Digital Government Division, provides innovative, trusted and accessible ICT services for the South Australian Government. Leading the planning and implementation of modern whole of government products and services to allow their customers to meet stakeholder’s needs. The Office anticipate technology disruption, investigate new products and services, and develop plans and strategies to respond to the challenge. The Office for Technology provide:
- Across government services and infrastructure, including connectivity
- 30-40 key products and services
- ICT Strategy and Roadmap for SA Government
Reporting to the Chief Enterprise Architect, this role will be responsible for the creation and review of an enterprise capability strategy to support the ICT requirements for the State. You will direct the development of enterprise-wide architecture and processes and ensure synergies between business strategies and technology directions for the State. This role is responsible for the strategic development and maintenance of the SA Government technology roadmap and represents the Office in agency interactions to ensure optimal design and delivery of core services.
This role will also be responsible for the development of comprehensive stakeholder management strategies and plans with agencies, as well as the engagement and review of suppliers and vendors to ensure successful outcomes.
About the Person
You will be an experienced senior ICT Strategy and Architecture professional with a passion for increasing enablement of services for government and citizens with the smart use of technology. You will be well connected, with the ability to build strong stakeholder and interagency relationships. You will be an inspirational and collaborative leader with proven people management skills to ensure you are engaging your team to deliver at a high standard. You will be a values-driven individual to ensure the principles of the Department are upheld.
- Demonstrated experience in the establishment, review and continuous improvement of technology roadmaps to maintain currency and relevance, through consultation with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of an enterprise architecture framework to enable appropriate prioritisation of programs, projects and investments.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with internal and external key stakeholders to specify and optimise technology-based services that meet their business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to identify strategic and operational issues, think laterally and apply analytical, qualitative and research skills to develop appropriate creative strategies for resolution and improvement.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategy and architecture functions.
- A superior influencer and leader with experience in collaborating with cross functional business stakeholders and leveraging external supplier partnerships to assure success.
- Excellent team leadership and management skills, ensuring appropriate controls and processes while empowering and developing employees to achieve outcomes to fullest potential.
- High level of emotional intelligence with a high degree of personal integrity and creditability
- Excellent organisational skills, capacity to manage internal and external resources and budgets to deliver projects and organisational objectives.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management methodologies for the effective planning and delivery of required business outcomes for SA Government.
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT or relevant business disciplines is required.
Initial 2 year full-time contract.
MAS3 – Manager Administrative Services
Phone: 0409 096 066
All applications must be submitted online.
Applicants to submit a covering letter (maximum of two pages) relevant to the Role Description together with a current Resume. Applications should include the name, email address and contact number of three current referees. Applications close 9.00am.
Please note a process to obtain an NV1 Clearance will be a mandatory requirement for this role.
Friday 4 December 2020.