The City of Onkaparinga is South Australia’s largest metropolitan council with just over 10 per cent of the state’s population, and is continuing to grow rapidly. We are a high performing; responsive, innovative organisation that meets our communities’ needs and strives to achieve excellence in all areas. We are an equal opportunity employer and employ people who share our passion for creating a better place to live and work. Our professional and friendly workplace offers a great working environment in which individuals are accountable and supported to continually develop to be the best they can be.
This exciting role will see you hit the ground running with current projects underway whilst working to identify areas for improvement within existing practices. Accountable to the Manager ICT, this role will be responsible for implementing and monitoring security measures to protect computer networks, systems and data along with assurance functions to ensure compliance with ICT strategy and policy. Throughout ongoing projects, you will identify and deliver the Cyber-Security and Assurance Program inclusive of regular reporting and liaison with Directors, internal governance and Council’s Audit and Risk Management Committee.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Familiarity with modern technologies and security approaches including the application of contemporary practices to deliver measurable improvements to an enterprise’s security and compliance posture.
- Proven experience in the delivery and management of a range of ICT projects.
- Proven experience in leading and managing the planning and delivery of a wide range of critical ICT governance functions, including developing effective strategies, plans and solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in strategically planning, leading, influencing and supporting strategic integrated and cohesive governance services that support critical business directions and operations.
- Broad-based background in management of ICT including networks, infrastructure, Cloud and applications.
- Experience with Threat and Vulnerability Management Tools.
We are seeking an independent professional able to work autonomously under broad direction whilst demonstrating a proactive approach to determining critical outcomes. The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills and effective communication skills to consult with and work with a diverse range of people at all levels of the organisation. A commitment to teamwork and maintaining a supportive work environment will be a key factor of the success in this role along with sharing the organisations commitment to customer service and continuous improvement. Desirably, you will have a tertiary qualification in ICT and or a recognised qualification in cyber security.
For more information or for a copy of the Position Description please contact Nicole Metcalfe on 08 7071 7273 or Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.