About the Company
Located in the North Eastern suburbs of Adelaide; our client is a progressive Council with a strong reputation for innovation and service excellence. We strive to support our community, stimulate our economy and create a more livable, vibrant and accessible city; a city which prospers because our people are there making it happen.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Contracts Officer to join the Procurement and Contract Management team. Reporting to the Manager, Procurement and Contract Management, you will be responsible for ensuring tendering, procurement and contract management practices are implemented and managed in accordance with Council’s policies and procedures.
You will be responsible for the tender process including preparing tender documentation, coordination and facilitation of evaluation panels and detailed report writing. Working as part of a small and supportive team, you will also be responsible for negotiating with shortlisted tenderers to ensure value for money contracts are implemented. Your experience in the complete procurement lifecycle and your ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders will see you quickly succeed in this position as will your ability to multi-task, work to strict deadlines and your high level of attention to detail.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A tertiary qualification in procurement, contract management or similar relevant experience working in this discipline is essential
- Work strategically and proactively with stakeholders to identify procurement approach to ensure objectives of Council are met and legal and risk matters considered
- Experience in managing end to end procurement processes including preparing tender documentation, coordinating stakeholders and negotiating with shortlisted tenderers
- The ability to provide support and advice to staff on tender practices.
- Experience in facilitating tender evaluation processes.
- Analyzing market intelligence, trends and benchmarking data aligned with procurement activities
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and communicate with various levels of staff.
- Leading negotiation in all aspects of strategic sourcing and contract management with stakeholders to ensure outcome based and high value agreements achieve cost savings
- Identifying potential procurement, probity or contract issues in relation to Policy and contract risk analysis
- Ensure allocated contracts are managed by stakeholders through to closure or extension to drive cost savings and improvements throughout the life of the contract
- Provide practical professional procurement and contract management advice and assistance in accordance with legislative requirements, councils policy and procedures
- Assist with the review and maintenance of contract management processes, templates and documentation?
- The ability to maintain probity during the tender process in order to maintain the highest integrity.
- Excellent customer service ability with a strong team focus and outcomes focus.
- The ability to multi-task and work to strict deadlines with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills are essential.
- Understanding records management system/requirements.
For more information, please contact Kristie Lewis on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no Recruitment Agencies please.