Bring your passion for sport and community recreation to this integral role, supporting active and healthy lifestyles in a lively local government organisation.
About the Company
The City of Holdfast Bay has a rich history in the foundation of South Australia and its staff serve an active and engaged local community. It is home to high profile leisure and entertainment precincts and is a premier seaside destination. They promote a lively workplace culture that proudly delivers great things to the community.
This public facing role will be working with local sporting clubs and responsible for initiating, managing and undertaking a range of sport, recreation and community projects within the City of Holdfast Bay.
This role would suit a resilient and proactive person that can confidently interact with a number of different stakeholder groups including State Sports Associations, State Government departments, elected members, the general public and local sporting clubs, in addition to working proactively, as the Council representative, with community sport and recreation working groups.
With the ability to deal with a high demanding workload this role will be responsible for implementing sport and recreation precinct masterplans, and developing, coordinating and delivering programs that encourage and maximise an engaged, active and healthy community.
Please see below the key selection criteria for the position:
- A tertiary qualification in Recreation Planning, Sport and Recreation Management, Health Promotion or related discipline or extensive experience in the recreation and community sector
- Demonstrated experience of recreation and community planning practices and programs, community development principles and of community resources and sources of funding
- Sound understanding of project management principles relating to the development and implementation of masterplans, community programs, services and activities
- Strong understanding of the community development, recreation, sport, open space and health including key partners, stakeholders and interest groups
- Collaborative individual with initiative and a solution focused mentality
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to establish credibility and deliver high quality outcomes
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to resolve conflict, and negotiate, influence and motivate
- Holds an unencumbered Australian driver’s license
This is a rare opportunity to make a real difference to create, foster and encourage healthy and active lifestyles the City of Holdfast Bay Community.
Please note applications close: Monday, 21 January 2019 5pm
For more information please contact Hayley Williger on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job