- Coordinate and deliver a busy calendar of events across the year
- Fantastic opportunity to enhance your career
- 3-year contract with a well renowned sporting association based in Gepps Cross
About the Company
Hockey SA is the peak body representing the game of hockey in South Australia. Made up from metropolitan and regional associations and representing approximately 7000 members. Hockey SA membership has strong representation across age, gender and all abilities.
Working closely with the Operations Manager, you will spend your time working on an exciting and diverse range of events and communication initiatives which promote Hockey SA locally and nationally. You will also raise the Hockey SA profile by coordinating the communications and delivery of internal & external events.
The Communications & Events Coordinator will work to deliver a broad range of events, in addition to the events calendar the role will be responsible for media, communications and social media responsibilities.
- Effectively coordinate and deliver successful events and communications on time and on budget
- Positive social media management of all Hockey SA Platforms
- Develop media releases, articles and actively monitor media
- Use your business development skills to grow the function business and identify new revenue streams
- Demonstrated experience working in a communications and/or events role preferably within a sporting or membership based organisation
- Strong knowledge of event management principles
- Superior organisational abilities and the flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Sound client relationship skills and the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to make sound judgements under pressure and within time constraints
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to use initiative to achieve the desired outcome
- Advanced knowledge using MS Office Suite
- Valid Australian driver’s license and own car is essential
- The ability to work on some events out of business hours
- Formal qualifications in events, tourism – sport and recreation management and related will be looked upon favourably
If you are passionate self-starter who thrives on working in a fast paced role, this is the role for you! Apply today!
For more information please contact Eleanor Onorato on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job