About the Company
With offices located in Wayville and Gawler, Headstart offers psychology, speech pathology and occupational therapy services to people of all ages. Their friendly and professional team are committed to providing treatment to those experiencing any psychological or communicative issues.
There are multiple opportunities available to enter on a full time or part time basis (minimum 2 days/week) with the possibility of increasing if the applicant wishes to do so. This is a great opportunity to establish a varied client base in private practice and become a valued member of a successful multidisciplinary practice. You will provide best practice intervention to clients of all ages. Although our reputation is in the areas of Autism Spectrum Disorder, the role is diverse and can be adjusted to suit the level of expertise and interests of the successful applicant.
About the Person
You will be a registered psychologist, preferably clinical, who brings enthusiasm, initiative and reliability to handle an established caseload of referrals and also have the ability to build your own client base. Opportunity for supervision toward clinical endorsement is available.
- Identify psychological, emotional or behavioral issues
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioral disorders
- Develop and implement treatment plans and therapeutic processes
- Consult with 24-28 hours of client contact per week
- Committed to continuing professional development
- Participate in staff meetings, in-house professional development, and ongoing peer supervision
- Liaise with administration staff who assist with all client bookings, reminders, payments and other administration needs.
- Maintaining your skills including memberships of professional bodies
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Full registration with Psychology Board of Australia
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Demonstrated counselling experience
- Hold a current Working With Children Check Clearance
- Strong clinical experience in evidence based practice interventions or willing to work towards
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to nurture relationships with local referral agencies including liaising with doctors
- Great time management skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative and reliability
Culture of the business:
Well established team with a vibrant and energetic culture where their Psychologists are supported by very efficient, professional administration staff and an owner/founder who stands by their staff.
These roles are based at Wayville but there is potential for someone to work in the Gawler office if that is preferred.
For more information please contact Eleanor on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job