About the Company
The City of Onkaparinga is South Australia’s largest metropolitan Council with just over 10 per cent of the state’s population and is continuing to grow rapidly. We are a high performing; responsive, innovative organisation that meets our communities’ needs and strives to achieve excellence in all areas. We are an equal opportunity employer and employ people who share our passion for creating a better place to live and work. Our professional and friendly workplace offers a great working environment in which individuals are accountable and supported to continually develop to be the best they can be.
Working together with the Project Manager: The Change Manager is responsible to the Manager ICT for the successful coordination, delivery and embedment of change across the ICT Reform Program; the position advocates the needs of business stakeholders and is responsible for the planning and implementation of sustainable change management processes, facilitating productive interactions with business units and ensuring business readiness risks and issues are identified and managed. The primary success measure for the position will be the successful adoption of new technologies and processes by ‘in scope’ business units.
About the Person
As the Change Manager you will have proven enterprise-wide software implementation experience. You will be highly influential with strong communication and negotiating skills, ensuring you bring the team on board with your logical and collaborative approach. Having a solution focused mindset with professionalism, passion and drive to ensure change is delivered effectively, will promote your success in the role.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualification and/or certifications in Change Management or related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and excite others to unite and move towards achieving common goals
- Experience in managing business change associated with the introduction of business processes and systems
- Proven high-level leadership skills to effectively manage a multi‑faceted, complex and sensitive project and deal with competing pressures and tight timeframes and identify and assess risks.
- Proven successful experience in establishing effective networks, alliances and operational relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders, including providing expert advice and resolving complex project-related issues and situations.
- Proven ability to analyse operational systems and process to support continuous improvement and drive innovation.
For more information, please contact Joanne Murtagh on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.