- Unique Opportunity to join the Board of Australia’s first Public Service Mutual
- Seeking multiple Board Members who want to make a difference
- Help empower children, people with disabilities, their families & communities!
Opportunity for experienced leaders and Board Directors with a passion for innovation in service design, delivery and participatory governance.
About the Company
Child and Youth Services Mutual trading as Kudos Services is a company limited by guarantee with charitable status. Kudos Services is a bold, brave and ambitious organisation for children and people living with disability and their families.
The organisation is proudly Australia’s first, employee-led, Public Service Mutual. Staff make up the membership, with voting rights and the ability to actively participate in decision-making and governance. The primary values of the organisation are: Knowledge, Camaraderie, Enterprising, Heart
Kudos Services is built on the belief that every person and their family, has the right to belong to a supportive community that understands them and is completely focused on their unique ability to achieve the best that is possible. Kudos Services achieves this in two ways: firstly, as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Partner for children 0-6 years in South Australia. Secondly, as a registered provider of support under the NDIS providing specialist allied health services and supports for those school aged and beyond.
Kudos Services is entering an exciting new phase requiring the appointment of an ongoing Board of Directors. A fantastic opportunity exists for experienced leaders who have a belief and passion in developing the ongoing value of Kudos as a Public Service Mutual, in delivering member and community benefit through contributing to the effective governance of Kudos Services, actively supported by Kudos’ Member Advisory Council and Kudos’ employee members.
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings
- Attendance at Annual General Meetings
- Participating in Board sub-committees including meetings once established.
- Working with employee members to progress the Strategic Plan.
- Giving skilled and experienced governance advice to the entity and support shadowing opportunities.
- Enabling an environment that supports the emerging member role and participation in the governance of the organisation.
- Providing leadership and acting as a champion for members of the new entity.
- A commitment to serve a up to a three-year term.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- An understanding of opportunities for allied health services and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a great advantage.
- Strong governance, commercial, financial, disability, allied health sector, risk management, enterprise leadership, service transformation skills and experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience in an Industry sector that has undergone significant reform and transformation in a regulated environment will be beneficial
- Operational knowledge of working in the human services sector
- Experience in the disability sector (NDIS experience)
- Those with a lived experience of disability, Cooperative and Mutual working knowledge or strong interest are encouraged to apply
Help Kudos as they drive to future success and uncompromising, innovative high-quality service provision.
For more information please contact Claire Pennington on 08 7071 7273
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.Apply for Job