Flinders Port Holdings is seeking a Senior Assets Engineer (Mechanical) and an Assets Engineer/ Planner (Mechanical) to focus on mechanical, fixed fire system & plant assets.
About the Company
Flinders Port Holdings is South Australia’s leading port services group, and owner of Flinders Ports, Flinders Port Management Services Flinders Logistics and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal – the State’s only container operator.
Flinders Port Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for vacant positions. The Company firmly believes that a diverse workforce is essential to better individual and workplace outcomes and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds to apply for positions.
The organisation is diverse and committed to delivering the highest quality port services including pilotage, mooring, launch services, port infrastructure, shipping infrastructure management, land infrastructure management, survey and marine control, stevedoring and logistics operations.
Due to growth and a restructure there are now two newly created positions in the Group Assets team – Senior Assets Engineer (Mechanical) and Assets Engineer/ Planner (Mechanical), both positions are responsible for the ongoing management and maintenance of Flinders Ports’ mechanical, fixed fire system and floating plant assets.
The Senior Assets Engineer (Mechanical) and the Assets Engineer/Planner(Mechanical) will work together incorporating asset inspections, risk ratings, understanding and application of sound engineering advice to ensure compliance to standards and ensuring assets provide required levels of service. Responsible for maintaining and implementing Asset Management Plans to optimise asset life cycle performance, while balancing cost and levels of service.
Key Responsibilities for both positions are:
- Management of key technical risks on behalf of the company – specifically through technical specifications, risk assessments, project and program delivery support, application and definition of appropriate standards.
- Work in conjunction with the Department Manager to provide strategic corporate advice on management of Facilities, Risk, Technology, Process Enhancement and Business Opportunities to Flinders Ports Management and Board.
- Define and ensure cost effective maintenance programs are in place to ensure assets are performing to meet required levels of service in a safe, efficient and reliable manner
- Continual work towards the preservation of the asset value at the optimum level
- Create and prioritise project and program briefs incorporating the relevant asset outcomes, scope and budget estimation
- Participate in tender assessment, engineering evaluations
- Control, direct and manage the delivery of an efficient engineering service through a hands-on management approach
- In consultation with other managers, establish and maintain annual budgets and Forward Works Programs and plans.
- Manage and strengthen customer relationships (both internal and external) by acting as the principal point of contact regarding mechanical engineering services
- Other tasks as required relevant to the experience and role
Technical Skills and Knowledge for both positions:
- Degree Qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent in an appropriate field of study
- Proven experience in infrastructure maintenance and asset management
- Exposure to Ports and Operations and the risks associate with shipping operations (highly desirable)
- Ability to initiate and manage change
- Proven budgetary and forward maintenance planning experience and knowledge
- Software knowledge such as CAD, MS Office, Maximo
- Current technical product knowledge in the industry
- Current Driver’s License
Experience for both positions:
- Demonstrated experience in controlling the planning and implementation of asset outcomes
- Proven experience in dealing with a diverse range of people including leadership experience
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Experience with resource allocation and budgetary planning knowledge
- Experience in providing effective technical and planning advice to management
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
All applications must be received by 1700 Tuesday 29th January 2019 .
Please ensure your Resume or Cover Letter, outlines your experience and qualifications.
A pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol test) is required as part of the recruitment process, along with a National Police Check (issued within the past 6 months) is also required to progress your application.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Eleanor Ostrenga from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
All resumes to be submitted in Word format if possible.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Flinders Port Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for vacant positions.