- FT role – North region & PT roles – City & West regions
- Exciting new program promoting emotional wellness in aged care
- Opportunity for Senior Practitioners to work for an industry leader
About the Organisation:
Relationships Australia South Australia is a leading provider of services for individuals, families and communities and exists to make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable people in society. Their belief in the transformative power of relationships lies at the heart of everything they do.
They are a not for profit, secular, community organisation whose objective is to relieve the suffering, distress and helplessness of vulnerable and disadvantaged people, so as to enhance their physical, social and emotional wellbeing.
Relationships Australia South Australia is part of the national federation of Relationships Australia service providers in each Australian state and territory. They offer services around the country that include counselling, family dispute resolution (mediation) and a range of family and community support and education programs.
We are sourcing passionate, proactive and experienced individuals in all areas of Adelaide to provide services to people residing in Residential Aged Care Facilities whom are at risk of, and or experiencing, mental health conditions access to psychological therapies. The successful candidates will be delivering low-intensity services and psychological therapies delivered 1:1 and or group sessions in the context of a broader stepped care framework. Mental health clinicians will provide an in-reach service delivery model of care, with therapeutic services provided onsite at RACFs.
SEW clinicians will also deliver training to help raise the mental health literacy and competency of RACF clinical staff. This includes promoting the Supporting Emotional Wellness in Aged Care service to clinical leads and nursing staff and/or offering training on relevant topics.
We are seeking candidates from the following backgrounds:
- Mental Health Social Workers
- Mental Health Accredited Nurses
- Mental Health Occupational Therapists
- Registered Psychologists
Roles available across city west and northern regions of Adelaide.
- Deliver high quality services to residents which respond to the needs of a diverse range of groups and communities
- Provide targeted services for residents at risk or who have a former or new diagnosis of mild to moderate mental health condition
- Assess and triage comorbid conditions that contribute to or are impacted by a person’s psychological state
- Develop, implement and deliver therapeutic groups such as Grief and Loss, Reminiscence and Life Review Therapy
- Develop, implement and deliver group-based low intensity, psychoeducation programs (topics may include sleep, diet, transition / adjustment)
- Undertake a comprehensive screening and risk assessment of issues that relate to safety and well being
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualifications and relevant registration with APHRA as a Registered Psychologist, Mental Health Accredited Occupational Therapist, or Mental Accredited Health Nurse; or Mental Health Accredited Social Worker with AASW.
- Eligibility to hold a Medicare provider number.
- Significant experience working with individuals, couples or families in a therapeutic context.
- Experience working in Aged care, Mental Health or Medical settings
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in dementia care and assessment
- Experience in delivering mental health training to clinical staff
- Experience in delivering group therapy
Just some of our benefits are great clinical supervision, paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. You can read more about our benefits here.
Watch this video to understand more about working with Relationships Australia South Australia.
The vacancies are available immediately and interviews will take place progressively and so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
All employment offers are subject to pre-employment screening.
Harrison McMillan have been engaged for the initial phase of this recruitment process, for more information or a copy of the position description please contact Simone Gill from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.