Influence the workforce and improve operations in this hands-on role
About Flinders Port Holdings
Flinders Port Holdings is South Australia’s leading port services group, and owner of Flinders Ports, Flinders Logistics and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal – the State’s only container operator. They also provide Hydrographic survey services through HydroSurvey Australia, a division of their ports business, Flinders Ports.
The Group is diverse and is committed to delivering the highest quality port and port related services including pilotage, mooring, launch services, port infrastructure, shipping infrastructure management, land infrastructure management, survey and marine control, stevedoring and logistics operations.
Reporting directly to the General Manager Flinders Ports, the HSE Compliance Officer will be based at the Outer Harbor office located within the passenger terminal building. This role will support the team to mitigate and manage the environmental and WHS risks associated with the operations of Flinders Ports.
With a solid foundation of processes, polices and procedures in place, you will support the continuous improvement of work health, safety (WHS) and environmental initiatives. You will play an important role in ensuring safety compliance by influencing the workforce and problem-solving on operational safety issues. Working at the port, you will enjoy a hands-on role where you will be able to achieve outcomes through your proactivity and action orientation. Dealing with people, you will have the ability to influence change and manage business improvements to facilitate a safety-first culture.
- Monitor, report and follow-up the activities and actions of all parties using Flinders Ports facilities in accordance with WHS and environmental legislative requirements
- Conduct regular site visits on Flinders Ports sites within South Australia including all regional ports
- Conduct investigations and report to line management on outcomes and corrective actions
- Observe and audit loading and unloading of ships practices at Flinders Port locations to identify and report on environmental, health and safety risks
- Monitor the Flinders Ports environmental management systems to ensure compliance with standards and legislation
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience in an HSE / WHS role, preferably within a blue-collar environment
- Diploma level qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety or a related field
- Knowledge of WHS and Environmental legislation essential and ISO 9001, ISO 14001, AS 4801 system requirements essential
- Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships across a variety of stakeholders
- Experience working on projects to specified budgets and timeframes
- Ability to work autonomously whilst proactively managing multiple competing priorities
- High level attention to detail when producing complex documents and managing records
- Sound influencing and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of maritime security and safety highly regarded
- Knowledge of governance and corporate business operating environments beneficial
- Already holding, or able to qualify for, a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced and resilient HSE professional with demonstrated experience working in reactive blue-collar environments. You will have a proven track record ensuring HSE system data is kept up to date and operationally used effectively.
This is a contract position for two (2) years working full time Monday to Friday.
The salary offered is $82,200.79 and this is aligned to the Flinders Port and Flinders Port Management Services Enterprise Agreement, 2015-2018.
If you have the skills and experience required for this role and are looking for an opportunity with a company that is a leader in its field please follow the prompts to apply!
Part of the recruitment process will include a medical assessment including a drug and alcohol test.
A National Police Check (issued within the past 6 months) is also required to progress your application.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Angie Geldenhuys from Harrison McMillan on 08 7071 7273.
All resumes to be submitted in Word format if possible.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Apply for Job