Due to significant growth, Shottesbrooke Vineyards were looking to bring on an entry-level Wine Business Assistant to help assist both the Marketing and Production departments with overflow of work. Shottesbrooke required assistance from Harrison McMillan with writing a position description and they engaged Harrison McMillan for a full end to end recruitment process to fill the role.
The Client: Shottesbrooke Vineyards
Shottesbrooke is situated at McLaren Flat just one hour south of Adelaide and has been built on a tradition of hard work, dedication and passion. The team at Shottesbrooke live and breathe the culture and have a strong focus on excellence. Shottesbrooke has experienced significant growth the last couple of years with wine being distributed nationally and around the world.
Harrison McMillan’s Solution
- Dani and Rochelle met with Shottesbrooke to discuss the position in detail and identify what Shottesbrooke wanted to achieve by creating this position and what the long term aspirations were for the role.
- The recruitment strategy was discussed and a timeline was arranged for Harrison McMillan to conduct the full end to end recruitment process.
- Due to the nature of the role being specialised within the wine industry and entry level, the marketing campaign included advertising on SEEK, the Harrison McMillan website and LinkedIn, but we also advertised via the University of Adelaide’s Career Hub and Alumini, as that is where the majority of the wine graduates in South Australia matriculated.
- The response from the advertisement was successful with just under 100 applications in less than two weeks.
- Since many of the candidates were recent graduates, Shottesbrooke agreed the approach of sending out a link to complete a pre-recorded video interview to the strongest candidates on paper would help to condense the shortlist to a reasonable size.
- 13 candidates were sent the pre-recorded video interview to complete.
- After thorough review of the video interviews, it was clear to Shottesbrooke that potentially they were looking for two separate skill sets.
- Through consultation a decision was made by Shottesbrooke to create two separate part time roles, one with a Marketing focus and one with a Production focus and Harrison McMillan spoke to the candidates regarding the change of scope for the role.
- Two candidates were selected from the video interview to progress to a phone interview and then were interviewed directly by Shottesbrooke for the positions.
- Both candidates were offered each position and accepted the roles with view to move into full time positions as the company continues to expand.
The total time the end to end process took was 28.5 hours facilitated by Harrison McMillan over a period of 16 business days.
Shottesbrooke was able to re-structure their internal departments and employ two permanent part time employees in two newly created positions for the original cost of running just one recruitment assignment!
The end to end recruitment process and writing of the Position Description totalled $5415.00 plus GST. This included the successful hire of TWO permanent part time employees!
When we talk about savings we are referring to how much this would have cost our clients if they choose to engage a ‘traditional recruitment’ agency on the average fee of 12% of the candidate’s annual salary.
If Shottesbrooke had engaged a traditional agency they would have paid a total of $10,800 plus GST because they technically took on boarded two candidates for the price of one!
By taking advantage of Harrison McMillan’s ‘pay as you go’ professional services model, Shottesbrooke was able to save over $5,385 plus GST.
Harrison McMillan’s Key Project Personnel
Rochelle White – Recruitment Partner- Rochelle was the primary Recruitment Partner on this assignment and prides herself on her ability to deliver high quality outcomes to her Clients, whilst maintaining excellent customer service and communication to both clients and candidates alike. Rochelle took ownership of Account Managing Shottesbrooke on this assignment where she was able to maintain communication with the client and candidates to ensure timely and consistent feedback on the assignments was reached to all involved. She was also responsible for ensuring deadlines and budgetary requirements were met as instructed by Shottesbrooke.
Dani Bieg – Director – Dani has been working closely with Shottesbrooke’s Managing Director, providing her expert knowledge with over nine years of recruitment and human resource experience. Throughout the recruitment drive for the positions with Shottesbrooke, Dani oversaw the timely delivery of promised outcomes and worked to ensure the high standard of work delivered.